10 and 12 bolt rear disc brake kit includes:
brackets, bolts, and new 11 1/4" vented rotors. (Works with C-Clip
Part Number 2180 $239.95 pair
Link for Info on Calipers, Flex Lines Etc.
Additional Parts (Needed to complete installation)
|Part No. 3100 New (Not
Rebuilt) Calipers without parking brakes $120.00 pair|
|Part No. 3110 New (Not
Rebuilt) Calipers with parking brakes $300.00 pair|
|Part No. 3111 Short Cable Extensions $20.00 pair|
|Part No. 3700 Rubber hose 9 1/2" $50.00 pair|
|Part No. 3702-8 Braided Stainless hose 8" $50.00 pair|
10 and 12 Bolt GM Rear Disc Brake Kit
(2) New Vented Rotors
(2) Caliper Brackets
(6) 3/8 – 24 X 1 3/4 Grade 8 Bolts
(6) 3/8 - 24 Grade 8 Lock Nuts
(6) 3/8 Washers
(8) 7/16 Caliper Washers
- Remove the axles to take the backing plates off.
- Install the caliper brackets with the caliper opening up and towards the
rear (Shoulder on the brackets toward the outside of the car on some models.)
(50 ft. lbs. dry 35 ft. lbs. Lubed)
- Install new seals, and then the axles.
- Install the rotors, making sure the surfaces that meet are clean with no
projections that would make the rotors wobble, and hold in place with a couple
of wheel nuts.
- Rotate the rotors and check for wobble, if there is any, check for
interference in the mating surfaces, if not then the axle and rotor bolted
together should be faced to true up. Mark the position that it is bolted to
the axle so that it can be reinstalled the same way if the rotors are ever
- Check the brackets to make sure they are parallel with the rotors. Shim or
grind the sleeves on the brackets to true up.
- Install the calipers so that the bleed screw is facing up, if it is facing
down use the other caliper. Grind any projections on the bottom of the
- Use a flexible brake line to each caliper as they move with pad wear and
when the brakes are applied.
- Bleed the brakes and try out. If the back wheels skid before the fronts
you should install an adjustable proportioning valve to reduce the pressure to
the rear brakes (follow gravity bleeding instructions in
troubleshooting sheet especially
for rear calipers).